CEO, Chief Executive, Charity CEO, Charity Chief Executive Officer, Colchester, Essex, Charity Leadership
Chief Executive Officer Colchester £38,884
The Charity for Chief Executive Officer
Beacon House aims to be a centre of excellence bringing hope to the homeless by providing a person-centred holistic response to their needs through services, interventions and support; bringing about lasting change and enabling them to sustain fulfilling, productive and purposeful lives.
Beacon House is at an exciting stage of its development, having recently moved to a new premises and extended our offering to the provision of social housing. We are looking for a CEO with the vision and ambition to lead our next stage of growth
The Role for Chief Executive Officer
- Consult and be directed by the Trustees to provide strategic and operational leadership to Beacon House enabling it to operate efficiently and effectively.
- Implement the Strategic Framework agreed by the Trustees.
- Represent Beacon House with Stakeholders
- Raise funds for Beacon House
- Grow the services and grow the income of Beacon House in accordance with the Strategic Framework and from your own initiatives after consultation with the Trustees.
Key Activities for Chief Executive Officer
- Educating and equipping others
- Empowering projects to work
- Improving the potential of the organisation
- Operational Management
Essential Skills for Chief Executive Officer
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent technical skills in Office and technology systems
- Operates with autonomy and is decisive
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Ability to develop lasting relationships with funders
- Able to manage multiple projects and activities, staff and volunteers
- Develops a positive atmosphere daily and is highly resilient
- Operates with great empathy to the service users and engenders excellent relationships
- Takes tough decisions and is accountable for actions
- Non-judgemental, patient and adaptable
- Able to stay calm in challenging situations
- Management Qualification
Desirable Skills for Chief Executive Officer
- Leadership Qualification
- Database skills
- Ability to train others effectively
- Knowledge of charity sector and compliance requirements
- CQC compliance
- HR / Personnel Qualifications
- Finance / Accounting Training
- Experience working with vulnerable and / or the homeless
This role carries a GOR in relation to a practising Christian Faith. Applicants will be asked during interview how they meet this requirement.